The primary responsibilities of the part-time Worship Director will be to lead contemporary Sunday morning worship services and grow the music ministry at CrossPoint. We are currently holding 3 services through the remainder of the COVID pandemic and will likely return to 2 services when social distancing requirements are lifted. This person will report directly to the Senior Pastor. This is a salaried position with duties expected to average 10-12 hours per week.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a Godly person of integrity. Exhibit a strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for CrossPoint in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship services. This includes leading the Sunday Worship services and recruiting, scheduling and developing the worship team. Responsibilities include preparation for and the leading of rehearsals (midweek and/or Sunday morning).
4. Display musical proficiency in leading worship with a strong instrumental and vocal ability. Capability of leading with a guitar and/or keyboard is preferred, but other instruments may be accepted. Also, familiarity with (or at least the ability to learn) Planning Center Online and ProPresenter technologies is needed.
5. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in conjunction with the Senior Pastor in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
6. Attend a weekly staff meeting either in-person or via Zoom to participate in the planning and implementation of church programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of the church. Scheduling these meetings can have some flexibility around your schedule.
7. Assist in the planning, implementing and leading of worship for occasional special events outside of Sunday worship services.
8. When available, perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
9. Serve as a de facto church member in good standing upon hiring in full agreement with our beliefs.
Please submit your resume including 3 references to email@example.com. Please use “Worship Director Position” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include a worship leading video link, as well as links to any social media profiles.